Identity Theft Contact Information
- Law Enforcement: contact law enforcement to file a police report. Record
the police department name and case number.
- Credit Agencies: you are entitled to a free credit report if you are the
victim of identity theft, have been denied credit, receive welfare or are unemployed. Contact
one of the following credit reporting agencies to report the fraud and ask about putting a fraud
alert on your record:
- Equifax: to order a report, call
1-800-685-1111 or write P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241. To report fraud, call
1-800-525-6285 and write P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241.
- Experian: to order a report or to
report fraud, call 1-888-397-3742 or write P.O. Box 949, Allen, TX 75013-0949.
- Trans Union: to order your
report, call 1-800-916-8800 or write P.O. Box 1000, Chester, PA 19022. To report fraud, call
1-800-680-7289 and write Fraud Victim Assistance Division, P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92384.
- Financial institutions and credit card companies
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to file a complaint at 1-877-IDTHEFT or online at